It’s the holiday season and that means that your homes will soon be full of family and friends ready to celebrate. At Home with Hechart, we know that hosting guests in your home is one of the best parts of the season, but it can be a lot of work. So how can you be sure that your space is welcoming and ready for guests?
Here are five tips to help you prepare your home for the holidays and all the guests it may bring:
1. Stock up on candles to make sure your home smells as good as it looks! We love these seasonal scents and that they double as beautiful decor for your home.
2. Freshen up your guest room with recent photos framed of you and your family, or fun scenes from around your city! Photos can be great conversation starter and make your guests feel at home in a space full of personal touches.
3. Be sure to give your guests plenty of time to relax by filling their space with cozy blankets and pillows that will help them feel taken care of while they’re away from home. We would recommend these Cashmere Soft Blended throws because they are comfortable and come in great neutral colors to match your decor.
4. Give your guest bathroom some added personality with some new hand towels! These are great to add a pop of color or fun to a functional space.
5. Prepare your bar or drinks area with some festive glassware that will make your guests feel special as soon as they sit down. You can make a Christmas punch like this one (great with or without alcohol!) and welcome them with a holiday-themed drink as they arrive.
Any of these tips will make your home more inviting for guests and let you have a little fun as you prepare! Happy hosting!